Sunday, February 01, 2009

Bye Bye Domino


Although the majority of the items in its pages were far beyond my reach, I still looked forward to browsing through Domino every month and it remained one of my favorite magazines. Domino was super light on content, with barely any substantive articles, but that's hardly what we readers expected from it anyway. Domino delivered yummy, luscious photo spreads of gorgeous apartments and homes all over the country that inspired us and made us want to keep refining our own homes.
It's going to be interesting to see how this economic downturn affects the print media industry and what print institutions are left standing when things start looking up again. I won't be surprised if 2009 sees more magazines and newspapers shuttered or going to online only versions (as the US News & World Report did).

1 comment:

ama said...

I'm sad, too, my Karen. And, yeah, I didn't think I could decorate till I read Domino. I hear the Cox sisters are trying to sell the Statesman, too, and even at the Chronicle, they've said goodbye to freelance, or something (according to my dad).